Home Ed Forest School
A full day of Forest School fun for our wonderful Home Ed community!
As is usual at Beccles Forest Schools, we facilitate the adventures that the children and young people want to embark on. We start and end with circle time, and gather together for lunch, but otherwise this is a very child-led session that heads in all sorts of creative directions!
The Wild Meadow
- Tuesdays 9:30am to 2:00pm
- on The Wild Meadow by Beccles Common
- drop-off session
- for children aged 5 years and up
- with Forest School Leaders Po and Lucy
We adore our Home Ed Forest School days at Beccles Forest Schools.
A typical Tuesday might be spent prowling around in the land of Queen Cat or deeply immersed in creating instruments from what we find on The Wild Meadow.
Children will be given the opportunity to light a fire and cook food on it, use tools and immerse themselves in nature- climbing trees, pond-dipping in the dyke or exploring muddy puddles.
It is an incredible joy to spend Tuesdays with this wonderful bunch of children and be a part of their Home Ed journeys.
We welcome new attendees to book a taster session before booking a block of sessions.
We are an Ofsted registered setting. Parents who are eligible to claim money back for childcare can do so for this session.
Please get in touch with Rach at email@example.com with any questions.
You Will Need:
- thick trousers and long sleeves to protect against nettles and insect bites
- waterproof jacket and trousers
- extra fleece or jumper
- sturdy close-toe shoes such as walking boots
- sun/winter hat
- thermal layers and winter coat, if cold
- long hair must be tied back for safety.
- zipped bag to keep everything tidy
- change of clothing (including socks) – we often get muddy!
- packed lunch, plenty of water to drink and extra snacks if required
- cup, plate, knife/ fork/ spoon for food cooked on the fire
(Note: we have a NO NUTS policy and ask you to take all packaging away with you to re-use/recycle where possible).